Tuesday 11 September 2012

Border 5 finished!

I've done it! Border 5 is over and done. Here are some progressive photos. What do you think TT?

Once I had cut and pieced them together, I joined along in three sections. then pinned and measured for accuracy and machine sewed together.
 One more to go, nearly there....
Wooosh....looks a bit sku wiff but it is straight!
Next I plan to pin the wadding onto the back and quilt up to border 4. So I have lots of practice to do this weekend and trying to work out what pattern and design to quilt! I can't wait to do that. I am very pleased to have examples of quilting on the Mrs Billings which were at the Melbourne Quilt Show 2012. I plan to add wadding as I progress with borders so I can quilt it myself. When I finally finish, I plan to attach the backing fabric with ditching the solid border line. Anyway, I may change my mind by then, who knows?!
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks great! I really like the use of the same border fabric for each 3/4" border too - I will be able to do that for those 3 little ones too - just!

    You are now way ahead of me but I have finished a couple of other projects in the last few weeks and I'll post a few pics this weekend!

    I hope the quilt-as-you-go method works well on this coz it would make the finishing soooo much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having a bit of a practice this weekend on a cat panel I'm making for a friend's baby due soon, and will work with your blocks to explore my method of quilt as I go!!! I am looking forward to this trial and will document it thoroughly for utube!!

    ReplyDelete