Monday 23 July 2012

Beginning Border 3

After a week of catching up with my Batik Nature BOM from Keepsake Quilting, I have found time to carefully sort my fabrics into colour groups to further expand the Mrs Billings' Coverlet.  I've begun to cut out the little squares and triangles for the border.
Time spent at Lotus Fabrics with the proprietor, Louise Brown-Thomas, helped me to prepare for paper piecing the border. She also gave an enormous amount of assistance in brainstorming the pattern and ways to produce the best borders.
This method my TT and I decided would give the most accurate border. We made our own paper pieces as the pattern was not the usual measurements in inches, which was most disappointing.
Did I tell you that I went to NSW specifically to see Louise and source her Batik collection she has for sale? It is sensational, and the assistance and advice she gives is invaluable. Louise also has many examples of Batik quilts in her studio which are stunning!
My TT has been a bit quiet lately and I'm thinking she is advancing with her coverlet secretly!!! mmm..... hopefully all will come out soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment