Saturday 14 July 2012

Hexagon and Diamond Centre Block

For this TT, inspiration for the basic colour palette came from a fat quarter at the Sydney Quilt Show,  June, 2012.
A week spent with my other TT gave me the patience and eye to tackle the triangles and applique the centre hexagon to back ground fabric. I chose 'Pale Coffee" from the Emma Louise range of fabrics. We decided that a neutral background colour was needed to enhance the palette choice.


After visiting many patchwork and quilting shops in the Hunter Valley region, NSW, we came across some beautiful fabrics that were suitable for the solid borders. Together, we auditioned and using a stencil cut from paper to separate the border segments, decisions were made. Here is the result!
I will need to re-do one mitred corner to improve it!
Now my friend, what have you got to show? :)

1 comment:

  1. That looks absolutely brilliant! Your colour eye is sensational! I am working hard to get my centre block together as well and will post pictures very soon! And so, TT, to the studio I go!

    ReplyDelete